The Original Greene Turtle North OC respects your privacy. The Original Greene Turtle North OC may collect information from users of its website (“Website”). This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide through the Website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect from you through our Website and in other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Website. This policy does not apply to information that:
- Is collected on or by third-party websites or applications that you may access via our Website or otherwise.
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information to them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect information from and about you when you engage with our Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From other third parties; for example, our business partners.
- Automatically when you use certain features of our Website.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may ask that you provide personal information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including, without limitation, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, state of residence, age, gender, languages spoken, social media accounts, credit card information and photographs.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time of registration, information written on any applications, information provided during an interview, and/or information you provide when requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you call 410-723-2120.
- Information necessary to confirm your identity, authority, or other characteristics.
- Your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we may ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our Website.
- Information that is related to your user profile, including your username, password, password reminder questions and answers, interests, communication preferences, and any correspondence you send to us.
- Optional information you can choose to supply, to enable you to have a personalized experience with our Website and to enable us to give you the information you desire.
You and others may also provide information to be posted on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). We assume no liability for the accuracy of User Contributions, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for those communications that may arise under copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or other laws. Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING
When you access or use our Website, we may use technology to automatically collect information, including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access and use of the Website, including location data, length of time you visit our site, page views, click-stream information, referring URL, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and network information.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access or use the Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The technologies we use for automatic information collection on our Website may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons and Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Website. The Website and related communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit The Original Greene Turtle North OC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also may include web beacons in our e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we may obtain in this manner would enable us to customize the Website and to measure the overall effectiveness of the Website, our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
We do not sell to third parties any of the information that we collect from you. When you access or use the Website, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers
- Content providers and application providers
- Analytics companies
- Your device manufacturer
- Your mobile service provider
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Additionally, these third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based behavioral advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The Website usage information and information we collect automatically helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website.
- Speed up your searches and help you efficiently access information.
- Recognize you when you use the Website.
- Help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Website.
- Track entries, submissions, and status in any interactive portions of the Website.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Website and aggregate metrics.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Website, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Provide you with the Website contents and its interactive features.
- Enable you to work, consult, or volunteer for us.
- Process your donation.
- Develop statistics.
- Evaluate your application or registration to receive programs and services from us.
- Give you notices about your account or registration.
- Provide you with marketing communications or newsletters.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- Notify you when updates to our Website are available and notify you of changes to any services we offer or provide.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an email feature of the Website.
- For internal purposes, where necessary.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To your employer, if you are part of our fundraising and donor engagement program, including for the purposes of managing the campaign and completing payroll deduction withholdings.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Original Greene Turtle North OC assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Original Greene Turtle North OC about users of our Website is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of The Original Greene Turtle North OC or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To report suspicion of elder abuse or neglect or child abuse or neglect.
- To persons disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To other persons with your consent.
CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Email. When you sign up or contact us through the Website, you may be set up to receive email messages, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive emails. At any time, you can choose to no longer receive such emails by following the instructions found in the emails.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by The Original Greene Turtle North OC to promote our programs or services, you can opt-out by sending us a letter or an email stating your request.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may call, email, or otherwise contact us to request access to, correct, or delete personal information that you have provided to us. In some instances, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account or terminating any services you are currently engaged in or receive from The Original Greene Turtle North OC. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Additionally, as the provider of the Website, we reserve the right to discontinue, for any reason or no reason and without notice to you: (a) the Website, in whole or in part, (b) any features or services offered through the Website; and (c) your account with any part of our Website. Following any termination of your account or access rights, you will not be permitted to access or use the Website. If your access to or use of the Website is terminated, we may use whatever means we deem necessary to prevent unauthorized access to the Website.
NO COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN WITHOUT VERIFIABLE PARENTAL CONSENT
We only collect information from those under 18 years of age with verifiable parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Additionally, the Website is intended for use by adults only. We do not solicit or knowingly collect any information from visitors under 18 years of age, so please do not use the Website if you are not yet 18.
USING THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
This policy is intended to cover collection of information from residents of the United States. If you are outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. Although we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected, the data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For instance, when hired, employees are required to sign policies that are designed to protect your information. We have login and password procedures, a classification of information assets and deny access permissions, and an exit process for employees. All information you provide to us is stored behind firewalls that are set up in a high availability configuration. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge Website users to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. For example, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. You acknowledge that we implement commercially reasonable precautions and are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Business Name: The Original Greene Turtle North OC
Address: 11601 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, Maryland 21842
Last revised date: 03/18/2021